Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 100g Coolibah Salad Mix
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan spice-mix powder
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 x 250g lamb backstraps, trimmed
- 400g can chick peas, rinsed & drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice plus wedges to serve
- Pita bread to serve
- In a bowl, mix the spice-mix powder with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Brush over the lamb and set aside
- Place chick peas, onion, tomato, coriander and mint in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk tahini, garlic, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons water until you have a loose dressing. Toss salad with dressing.
- Heat a chargrill pan or BBQ to medium-high heat and cook lamb for 2-3 minutes each side until lightly charred, but still rare inside. Set aside to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Lightly toast pita bread on the grill pan.
- Serve the lamb sliced with the salad, grilled pita bread, baby salad leaves and lemon wedges on the side.